Old 16-05-2006, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lawn advice ... suggestions for a lawn alternative for shady damp area

Ornata writes

Small Red Robin wrote:

Janet - moss would be an option and would probably do very well there.
I'm not sure though that it might be dangerous to walk over all the
time? Wouldn't it be very slippy? Our garden is very long and narrow
and that little section is right in the middle - on the way to our
decked area, my washing line and my greenhouse and shed.... so well
travelled.

I think the slipperiness would be more of a problem if it was growing
on a hard surface.

I can't see any reason why moss growing in a lawn situation should be
slippery. The slipperiness on a hard surface is usually algae and
possibly a different species of moss.

But wasn't Janet's suggestion tongue-in-cheek?

--
Kay