Old 16-05-2006, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default aerial roots packed with spagnum moss

In article ,
"MikeCT" writes:

| Although sphagnum moss is recommended for air layering, you don't need to
| use it. I have had great success using ordinary garden moss mixed with a
| moistened multi purpose compost. ...

My understanding is that "ordinary garden moss" IS sphagnum moss! It
may not be as luxuriant as that which I am going to be squidging through
this weekend and next week (Rannoch), but it is a sphagnum moss
nonetheless.

So you merely need find a suitable boggy 'lawn' and pick some up with
your fingers.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.