Old 16-03-2003, 10:44 AM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default Amateur seeks answers to some questions please

P van Rijckevorsel writes
Actually something similar goes for

photography. Photography can be an invaluable tool, but it requires a
certain mindset and training. A photoalbum full of home-made pictures of
plants from the 'wrong perspective' is a sad thing.

Stewart Robert Hinsley schreef
As a person with a web site (and hard disc) full of photographs I would
be interested in your views as to what is the right perspective.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

+ + +
I am not sure anybody would find my views on photography very interesting.
There should be any number of people on the list with more practical
experience in the subject.

I would say that a picture taken from the 'right perspective' is a picture
doing full justice to what you want to feature. To get a picture of a plant
from 'your right perspective' I assume someone has to be there at the right
time (plant in right state, right time of day with proper lighting) with the
right film in a camera that one can work with.

Taking a brief browse through your website it is noticeable that the quality
varies of the pictures you link to. This would seem to be a picture that is
well above average:

http://www.biologie.uni-ulm.de/systa.../Hohesexfw.htm

in both sharpness of focus and features captured
PvR

PS
- you need to recheck your links on the Hoheria page
- Technically there is no such thing as an invalid name (re Plagianthus
linariifolia). All botanical names are valid, since if they are not validly
published they are not botanical names.