Old 17-05-2006, 05:51 AM
david_s david_s is offline
Registered User

Location: Northern Ca

As far as what I am looking for, here are a few things that I can think of.

1 Easy to use. Most important. I want to garden and not learn computer programs. This plangarden does well.
2. Know when to plant new vegetables that I haven't tried before. This is a planting guide that works for any region.
3. Print out garden. I want to take the print out with me to the garden. Plangarden does Ok here, but I had to read the forum help because the first print out I did looked aweful.
4. Plangarden doesn't have a big database of vegetables yet. They say that is comming so I will have to wait and see.

Plangarden does have some features for Square-foot-gardening, but probably not as many as Garden pro, since it was made for SFG. I do some square-foot gardening and some wide-row gardening and container plants that Garden pro doesn't handle at all, so I like the flexibility of Plangarden better.