Old 17-05-2006, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Lazarus Cooke

Default blackfly on a standard cherry tree

In article .com, Taz
wrote:

Another organic strategy is to encourage ladybirds and lacewings to
overwinter in your garden by providing shelter. That way, they come
out in the spring desperate to breed and do so nest to the aphids,
which are caviar to adults and larvae alike. Check out the Green
Gardener website, not to mention numerous others.

And they look pretty too!

I saw one ladybird on my aphid-infested cherry yesterday, but I am
worried that it has succumbed to indigestion.

Lazarus