Old 17-05-2006, 07:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner

Default Soft shell possibly scale Question

Just about in my garden when I noticed the yews were dark real dark
blackish compared to new growth. Close by Chinese holly had same
discoloration. Upon inspection it seems I have a lot of creatures
that are about 1/2 inch long and about 1/8 an inch wide. The are
divided in half with a light brown and white. They are soft to touch.

I'm wondering if more light and air may slow them down? First time any
thing like this in 30 + years.

Bill

--
S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade