Old 16-03-2003, 12:32 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Water Restrictions

Setzler said:

they'll let you water trees and shrubs, but not your food???? what is going on.?

My mother lives in NE Colorado and my brother in SW Nebraska, and the water
situation there is terrible.

I can tell you, though, that if they didn't make an exception for trees and shrubs,
they would all die, as the natural climate there (and in Denver) is a semi-desert
grassland. Trees only occured naturally in river valleys and isolated microclimates.
These treed places were memorable landmarks on the old trail west, with names
like "Plum Hollow" or "Pine Bluffs."

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)