Old 17-05-2006, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

Default Alien Conservationists

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Pest Effects" wrote in message

There's no doubt that there is a pest aspect of grey squirrels,
particularly where they damage trees, predate on small birds
and chew up garden bird feeders.

They've never succeeded in chewing up one of mine.
Made up of a double thickness of quarter inch mesh -
as found in any DIY shed, formed into a roll with
half a tin can at either end. All held together
with lengths of galvanised wire which also serve
as perches for the birds.

But it is wrong that one has to go to those lengths in order to
feed birds.

Alan

No it isn't.

It gives me an opportunity to demonstrate my insufferable smugness
for one thing.

michael adams

michael adams

Pest Effects