Old 18-05-2006, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster

Default Uneven growth of new lawn

On Wed, 17 May 2006 13:44:09 -0700, tenplay wrote:
About a month ago I planted a 10' x 10' patch of grass seed using a kit
that came with fertilizer. It seems to be coming along well and is
almost ready for its first mowing. However, I notice that the growth is
very uneven. Some areas have thicker growth while other areas are more
sparse. I wonder if spreading the seed mix my hand as instructed by the
enclosed directions is a cause, i.e. perhaps I should have used a
spreader. Is it all eventually going to even out or should I try to
reseed the thinner areas? I live in Western Washington. Thanks. Mike

Rx: Tincture of time, plus regular watering throughout the summer. Unless
you're seeing 2-3" between plants, I would not overseed now.

The best time for starting the usual lawn grasses out here is fall.

Kay (one state S of you)