Old 18-05-2006, 07:21 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

Default Starting problems with John Deere 111 riding mower

"Mike" wrote in message

My ex has a 1983 John Deere 111 riding mower. It worked fine last year,
but wouldn't start this spring. The battery has been replaced. I checked
the circuits, and found the problem to be the solenoid. But after
replacing it, the mower turned over once only, then was again dead. I
suspect something is burning out the solenoids, but that is where I need
help. What would cause that?

TIA

Mike

Sounds like it wasn't the solenoid. I'm guessing a safety switch.