Old 16-03-2003, 02:08 PM
TOM KAN PA

Default Throw out the mower ? ? ? ? ? ?

Subject: Throw out the mower ? ? ? ? ? ?
From: A /A
(Beecrofter)
Date: Sat, Mar 915, 27200302 4:53 PM
corner before you get it running again lest the original owners change their
mind.
____Reply Separator_____
Not where I live! In Shaler Township, it's illegal to scavenge refuse set out
for a pickup. There were several old guys who went around in pick-ups taking
aluminum lawn furniture (to sell/recycle) and powered lawn equipment to try to
repair. An ordinance was passed forbidding this practice. I'd sooner see a
lawnmower repaired and put back into service than go to a landfill. But in
fairness to the township, sometimes these scavengers would leave the rubbish
scattered about, and the refuse haulers wouldn't pick it up.