Old 18-05-2006, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat

Default self-seeding tomato

"Jim Scott" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 May 2006 09:53:59 +0100, Lazarus Cooke wrote:

A plant is growing up where my tomatoes were last year. Any chance that
it will bear edible fruit?

Lazarus

A know it sounds bad, but the best tomatoes I ever tasted came from a site
where they dumped processed sewage waste. Yours stand a good chance
although
they may not be the same variety if the original was a hybrid.
--

Tomatoes have always grown well on sewage farms, there's one near our
estate, in summer we can see them through the fence, and the visiting tanker

Steve