Old 18-05-2006, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h)

Default strange little creatures?

La Puce wrote:
Cat(h) wrote:
I crushed one more of those nasty beasties (no, not a child-abusing
gardener, a VW) on my way out the door this morning. The awful thing
had come into my porch.
Anyway, it got me thinking.
I would like to use nematodes to treat this infestation, rather than
chemicals. I will worry about sourcing those over teh week end as I
have no time to do that till then - I hope they are available in garden
centres, though I am not sure.
But what about quantities and application? Do I need to treat the
entire garden, or just the pots in front of the house, where I have
seen them?
What rate of application?
I'm being a little lazy here, as I do not have time to research that
till the week end, so input from you and other garden experts would be
hugely helpful.

Got mine here .... and it tells you everything you need to know )

http://www.organiccatalog.com/catalo...p?cPath=61_183

Thanks for that, La Puce, I'll see if I can find a source in Ireland.

Cat(h)