Old 18-05-2006, 07:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Bloodgood Maple

I purchased a Bloodgood Japanese maple on Sunday, and it already is
experiencing leaf burn. What could be the problem, sun exposure or
water? The nusury worker we purchased from stated our sun exposure
should be fine, but I am worried it is the issue. it has full sunlight
during the late afternoon, and i am in zone 9a i think. (Martinez
California) It was perfectly healthy Sunday, and by Monday it was
having issues. We water it everyday as it has been pretty hot. I read
that salty water can cause leaf burn too, how can i tell if my water is
salty? Could it just be transplant stress?