Old 18-05-2006, 06:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
kurtk

Default Tomato plants outgrowing cages

"Landrey" wrote in message
reenews.net...
I have several caged indeterminate tomato plants growing in my garden. The
cages are all about 5 feet high and one of the plants has already managed
grow past the top of its cage. I live in the Atlanta area and given that
it's
only May, I can assume that I can expect the plants to grow much larger.

Can anyone give me some advise as to what to do with these plants as they

outgrow their cages?

Stake them or just let it ride. I use concrete reinforcement material for my
cages and it overflows every year. It is almost to the point here in Houston
where the tomatoes will not set anymore so it is no a big issue.