Old 18-05-2006, 06:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default Tomato plants outgrowing cages

In article ews.net,
Landrey wrote:

I have several caged indeterminate tomato plants growing in my garden. The
cages are all about 5 feet high and one of the plants has already managed to
grow past the top of its cage. I live in the Atlanta area and given that it's
only May, I can assume that I can expect the plants to grow much larger.

Can anyone give me some advise as to what to do with these plants as they
outgrow their cages?

I've had excellent luck tying them to 7' tall lengths of rebar pounded
into the ground. They are sunk in 12" to 18".
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson