Old 18-05-2006, 09:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Starlord

Default IRIS problem

What part of the SFV? If your down in the flatlands and where it doesn't get
cold during the winter, your lucky to get any at all. Iris like to have a
cold time of year, I've north of you in the High Desert of the AV and I've
got 300+ Iris and they are just about done blooming after waking up from a
good cold winter.

Something like L.A. Iris or other breadless iris group members would do
better.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords
Astro Blog
http://starlord.bloggerteam.com/

"Dave_s" wrote in message
I have about 14 IRIS in my full sun center garden in San Fernando Valley
near Los Angeles Calif. I divided and replanted these in November of 2005
and have been watering and feeding all winter. Only 4 plants produced
flowers.
Following Scotts bulb plant food directions, I recently fed these in
spring. Any idea what I can do to produce any flowers this spring or
insure I get more flowers next spring? Can IRIS still produce flowers this
season?

Thanks, dave_s