Old 19-05-2006, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Default Bloodgood Maple

1. How did you get the tree home? Was it exposed to wind?
2. How deep did you plant the tree?
3. The new growth in elongation has probably not hardened off yet. If you
injured the roots a lot, this may be the cause. Pruning woody roots
correctly is great, yet at the wrong time can be a problem.
4. CAUTION: Do not over water. Just water enough to moisten the non-woody
absorbing roots which are in the upper 4" of the soil unless you planted too
deep. The biggest problem during dry times is over watering.

Here are some links you may enjoy:

--
Please consider adding some links to your sites.

KESLICK AND SON MODERN ARBORICULTURE
My resume is at http://mercury.ccil.org/~treeman/educat.html
Here are some links you may consider adding to your site. They are case
sensitive.

1. Techno Tree Biology Dictionary
http://www.treedictionary.com . Look up "logging".

2. Articles written by DR. ALEX L. SHIGO, one of the foremost authorities
worldwide on tree systems today online at
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/index.html

3. Literature Available by Dr. Shigo is he
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/treeinfo.html

4. Hard to get Documents
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...get/index.html

If you have any suggestions please let me know. 610-864-5251

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Tree Biologist
http://mercury.ccil.org/~treeman/
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
that we are not the boss.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I purchased a Bloodgood Japanese maple on Sunday, and it already is
experiencing leaf burn. What could be the problem, sun exposure or
water? The nusury worker we purchased from stated our sun exposure
should be fine, but I am worried it is the issue. it has full sunlight
during the late afternoon, and i am in zone 9a i think. (Martinez
California) It was perfectly healthy Sunday, and by Monday it was
having issues. We water it everyday as it has been pretty hot. I read
that salty water can cause leaf burn too, how can i tell if my water is
salty? Could it just be transplant stress?