Old 18-05-2006, 09:26 PM posted to rec.ponds
BB

Default Argh!!!! Algae and other plants!!!

"Snooze" wrote in
. com:

"BB" wrote in message
25.201...
Damn but I want this friggin' algae gone!!!!! (Yeah, I know, wait a
while and it will.... It's all ready appearing less and less....)

I want to buy water hyacinth but it can't be shipped to
California!!!!

Who says? You can buy it in plenty California nurseries.

snipper-riffic

So says some government agency. Which one, I have no idea. FDA? EPA?
Dept of Ag? Water Hyacinth is an invasive, non-native plant much like
the American Bullfrog is non-native for the whole of California. Yeah, I
can buy it in nurseries but I was hoping for cheaper plants through the
Internet...

On the other hand, if anybody knows of an internet site that *will* (or
can) ship to California, I'd be happy to give that a look, too...)

(And I *have* been on the lookout for watercress....)

--Bryan

* Can't see the Forest | Bryan B. *
* Through the Trees? | Reply if you want. E-mail *
* Take it out! | address changes frequently *
* (Damn Viruses!) | to foil spambots. *