Old 19-05-2006, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com

Default Interesting worm facts

"K" wrote in message
George.com writes

if worms only then I will defer to your knowledge as I personally haven't

clue. We do however have many imports from England (my folks for one) and

nu,mber of them are now pests

(my folks say the same of me). I wasn't
jumping down your throat, just saying that we have been 'lucky' to get so
many british species going ferel out here. Interestingly enough a number
seem to be classed as part of the british heritage and/or are

controllable
in the UK.

That's a common theme. We equally have a large number of imports, and
some have become pests - often ones which are not pests (and even
struggling) in their country of origin.

really, like what? I have read some stuff about weeds but animals as well? I
have heard about the squirrel controversy and people remind me about the
very helpful worm we have sent your way. The problem we have with the animal
pests is that some of them, stoats/weasels/ferrets/rats mainly (but also
ferrel cats) have decimated our native bird population, some of which can't
fly. The eating pests, especially possums, but also goats/deer/pigs and
rabbits wolf through our native forests.

rob