Old 19-05-2006, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h)

Default Pelargonium disease or pest?

I bought two small pelargoniums last week end, and potted them for
display around my front porch. They looked ok when I bought them -
though it was a lightning shopping expedition, and I can't be
absolutely sure the symptoms weren't already somewhat there.
Anyway, as of now, all the flower-bud bearing stems, big and small,
have turned brown. Some of the outer leaves are yellowing a little,
and those flower stems which when I bought them were starting to show a
little white/fuschia coloured petal, are now gone brown and dead
looking.
I have googled a little, but the only thing I find though without pic
is black leg or black stem.
Is that it? Or have you any other ideas?
Most of all, what can I do to correct this, or should I simply dump
those plants?
If it can help, I will be able to upload a link to a pic this week end.
TIA
Cat(h)