Old 19-05-2006, 03:24 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default My male Bullfrog calls his female over "She did not make it"

wrote in message
This am I found a huge female bullfrog that got ran over only inches
from my yard, she almost made it, I am so sad!. My male had been
calling all nigt, she was coming........almost their......a tear rolls
from my eye.......as I pick her up with a shovel......How can you not
see that size of a frog? She was huge!!! I live in a well to do
community and you can only drive 20 mph!!! Everbody obeys that law....I
guess I will have to put a frog crossing sign up !!!!

I have a breeding pair already that has been with me for a few years
now, they were just asking for some new friends to hang out at such a
cool place if your a bullfrog that is....

My guess it was dark?? Sorry about your loss. I wish I could ship you the
ones that come to my ponds. I usually get 1/summer lately. I haul them off
to the Demo.Pond as they eat my little tree frogs that are native to the
area. ~ jan