Old 19-05-2006, 03:49 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
GrtArtiste

Default lawn tractor

Are you shopping only at the "big box" stores? If yes, most of them are
mtd...although I'm not sure about the JD. If accessories are **very**
important to you, my opinion is you'll get better info on them from a
dealer. You'll get better service and parts support too, generally
speaking. As for engines...both have their fans. My 6 year old Briggs
has never given me a problem. If you have to move snow, that needs a
little more discussion. Depending on your location and amount of snow,
you may be better off with a walk-behind snowblower. Plowing with a
lawn tractor wouldn't be my first choice.
Your mileage may vary.

GrtArtiste