Old 16-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Frogleg

Default spindly seedlings

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 06:40:56 GMT, "Cereoid+10+"
wrote:

Why in the heck are you trying to grow plants from seeds now?

Its too damn early to be doing that!!!

videotron wrote

Having a problem with spindly tomato seedlings - can't get the stems to
thicken up. Would it be a lack of light or too much light that would cause
this? The seedlings are a couple weeks old and about 3 to 4 inches tall.
Any ideas?

Complete bosh. In the first place, you didn't enquire where the poster
was located. I generally start seeds (over heating mats in a
greenhouse) in USDA zone 8 in January. This allows for either frying
or freezing at least one batch, 'though occasionally I have 2' bushy
tomato plants ready when it's time to set them out (mid April). Amend
"occasionally" to "once".