Old 19-05-2006, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Pelargonium disease or pest?

Cat(h) wrote:
I bought two small pelargoniums last week end

(snip)

Those little pelargoniums look great in their pot of peat and moist
compost, grown with pesticides and herbicides etc, protected in their
cozy snug environment. Suddenly they spend ages on shelves, get cold,
damp, dry, get pot bound, travel and then get repoted ... Sometimes the
outside of the root ball can seem to be damp and nice but the middle is
dry and dusty. Also sometimes they look great because they've just been
watered and are moist but perhaps also have been overwatered on display
hours before being bought!!

Did you look at the roots and did you loosen them a bit before
repotting? I would remove all the dead heads and the damaged stem. It
is still early in the season so plenty of time for them to grow and
flower again! (I've just put mine back outside last week end and I've
got all sorts from mint and lemon smell to furry leaves and pink and
white).

Don't throw them away yet. Nurse them a bit in a corner and see ;o)