Old 20-05-2006, 12:17 AM
sockiescat sockiescat is offline
Registered User

Smile

Myrl Jeffcoat Dave-
We've had very unusual weather here in California this year. There is
an Iris farm here in Sacramento that is always delightful to visit this
time of year. They didn't even bother to open for the season.

Also, Daffodil Hill which is in Amador County has been a Mother Lode
attraction for decades, and it has decided to not open!

Here in Sacramento, we had double the rain of normal, and it came
extremely late. All of our plants and shrubs have seemed "confused."

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

when u plant your iris the rhizomes must be above the ground
in order to promote blooming. if they are planted below ground
u can end up with no blooms or a few blooms but they arent
as nice as they could be. they wont bloom this year as it
sounds like u did a heavy division on your iris bed. good luck.
cyaaa, sockiescat.