Old 16-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Françoise

Default Garden Seeds!

No luck with marigold but great success with coleus and fibrous begonias.=

Fran=E7oise.

it's me wrote:

Buzzy wrote:

Hi All,
As a lurker, I'm entitled to ask one question once in a blue moo=

n (I
hope!). Here's the question:

I have been growing my own bedding plants rather successfully for the=

past
two growing seasons but I have noticed something that irks me a bit. =

I have
collected my own seed from my plants and have used it to start seedli=

ngs for
the next year, but from a rather generous collection of marigold seed=

s, I
have had a total of three plants grow from two trays, with three seed=

planted in each cell and a total of 48 cells for each tray. So I go t=

o the
Canadian Tire (exclusive for us Canucks ya know!) and pick up three p=

aks of
marigold seed and put two in each cell and almost all appear! Am I mi=

ssing
something here when I collect the seeds? I have had this happen with =

coleus
too but most of the others I gather such as snapdragon, are fine. I w=

as
going to take a deep tray with some growing medium next year and 'car=

pet
bomb' the thing with seed and transplant what comes up!
Just wondering!

Buzzy

--
=3D=3D Buzzy's Stall Wall =3D=3D
=3D=3D www.buzzys.net =3D=3D

I tried saving Marigold seeds a long time ago and got the same results,=

I don't remember much about it, didn't presue again.

Kevin