Old 20-05-2006, 05:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Default Fast growing Maples.

Bette wrote:

My husband and I recently moved to Pa and our front yard is quite
expansive.
Owning an acre of property, the back yard is filled with trees.
In that our front yard is bare of any trees we like the Red Maples.
But then coming from New England the burning yellow is also quite nice.

My question is are there other trees beside Maples that will grow
faster?
We have a man who mows and cares for our lawn. He would purchase and
plant the trees in the fall.
Thanks.
Bette

In general, the faster the growth, the more likely you will have breakge
from wind. Bradford pears ar notorious around here for that.
However, I must say my Chinese (Lacebark) Elm is considered a 'medium'
growing tree but is growing faster than I expected. I like it. Few pest
issues, small leaves, dappled shade, interesting bark. check 'em out

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)