Old 20-05-2006, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Henry

Default drainage holes in growbag for cucumbers

"jw 1111" wrote in message
have just bought my first grow bag and put in some cucumber plants. the
instructions on the bag told about cutting holes in the top, but said
nothing about drainage underneath. should i cut holes for drainage?

Last year I forgot to put holes in the bottom of one growbag with cucumbers
in. In July both cucumbers in that bag wilted heavily despite being well
watered - I discovered too late that the compost was waterlogged. Both
cucumbers never really recovered, and one died.

The cucumbers in the growbag with holes were fine.

Henry