Old 21-05-2006, 03:57 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca

Default Fast growing Maples.

Myrl Jeffcoat wrote:
I'd say we are in search of the "ultimate" perfect tree. . .One that is
beautiful, one that is the right size, one that isn't too messy, and
especially one that is disease and parasite resistant;-)

My ole Modesto Ash trees are way beyond their expected life in years.
The cost of having the Misteltoe taken out of them near annually, is an
expense I hope to shy away from in future years when they become
replaced.

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

A very nice maple is Trident Maple, Acer buergeranum
Silver maple is a very weak tree and here in the North Valley
is very disease prone. I don't recommend it.

Look here for trident maple and other trees

http://selectree.cagr.calpoly.edu

Emilie
NorCal