Old 16-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Camellia planting distance query

On 15 Mar 2003 09:56:31 -0800, (Jon) wrote:

Hi all,

I have a question I'm hoping somebody here could help me with please !
I've got three Camellias, about twelve or so inches high - fairly
young, I'm looking to plant 'em out in the next few days or so
(actually another question here, with the recent frost in the uk, is
this actually a good time to be putting these types of plants, 'woody
types', roses and so forth out ?).

Back to the Camellias ! I'm trying to figure out the spread for these
plants and work out the best distance for them - kinda stuck here and
hoping somebody could kindly shed a little light, advice and replies
welcome !

Many thanks

Jon

Quite a lot depends on the type of camellia. They come in all growth
habits from tall and narrow or low and spreading. If you know the
varieties, you can find out the habit. In general, and assuming you
won't be moving them in a few years, I would plant them certainly no
closer than 6 ft apart.

--
Chris