Old 16-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Derryl Killan

Default Pressure treated wood?

In view of the fact that the wood is 15 years old and used, I would say use
it as is.

Derryl

I have a lot of old 6 by 6 pressure treated wood that came from terraced

flower
beds. I was assuming that because of the arsenic content, I could not

recycle
these for a raised vegetable garden. However, after doing a bit of

research on
the net, I find that there is a difference of opinion with some people

claiming
that the arsenic leach is negligible. Others recommend sealing the wood

with a
coat of paint as an added protection. I guess I'm looking to see how other
gardeners feel about this subject. Another factor, and I don't know if it

is
of any relevance, is that the wood is probably more than 15 years old.
Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave