Old 21-05-2006, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Tomato Plants ?

Alan wrote:
B&Q is not the best place for nails, paints and pots

True )) Don't get me started though - I love tiny little old
fashioned hardware shops. Close to where we live there's one run by an
adorable man. Once my husband asked him if he had a pickaxe. It was
almost 5pm. The chap said to come back first thing the next day - and
at 9.30 the next day my husband bought the pickaxe. Isn't that just
great?!! B&Q wouldn't do this ...

Rapid DIY in Liverpool is also one of my favourites. I'd make necklaces
out of those gorgeous copper and silver bolts, nuts and whatnots. Draws
upon draws of bits - what a place!