Old 21-05-2006, 04:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.pets.rabbits
James

Default Ever seen a rabbit do this?

Now this is interesting.

Kenneth D. Schillinger wrote:
So there I was, thinking I was in good shape with my new fence around the
garden. It's 6' tall and graduated mesh starting small at the bottom and
getting bigger as it goes up. I looked in the garden and saw a rabbit which
had me wondering how in the heck it got in. I watched a while, and it went
to the fence, stood on it's hind legs and put it's front legs on the wire.
The rabbit then proceeded to climb about a foot and a half or so higher and
exit through the mesh where it was larger. I honestly had never seen or
heard of a rabbit climbing a fence, and it took me totally by surprise.
Has anyone else seen this happen?
Ken.

I've only seen my rabbit put his front legs on low tree branches to get
to the choice twigs and leaves. Who knows. Maybe he'll learn to climb
once all the easy to get to food is gone.