Old 16-03-2003, 07:20 PM
paghat

Default remodeling and people trampling plants

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 05:16:50 -0600, griffon
wrote:

Just as bulbs are beginning to bloom and perennials are starting to
slowly poke up from the soil, I have had a herd of wild carpenters and
roof layers wandering around all over the place.

It's likely too late now, but when arranging a signed contract with a
bonded & insured contractor, a paragraph should have been added that
stated clearly the contractor would pay for any plants damaged. When they
know in advance it'll cost the company, a crew boss can suddenly become
very insistant the crew is very careful.

If you could go out there now with some stakes & some clear plastic, you
could build tents over areas that especially need protection.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"