Old 21-05-2006, 06:46 PM posted to austin.gardening
mig

Default ? tree recommendation

Hi,

I live in northern california, in el cerrito, right next to berkeley.
So I'm across the bay from SF.

I need a recommendation for a fast-growing tree that I need to plant
on the side of my home. My neighbour is putting in a monster addition
to his house that will overwhelm my backyard. He's adding a level up
and building deep into his property, which will almost double the size
of his home. His house is 5 feet from the property line and only
about 20 feet or so from my north wall. This will create privacy
problems and I need to put in some trees, otherwise my view of the sky
will be a wall. lol.

My neighbour, the guy with the renovation, is recommending I plant
purple hopseed. I doubt that will be sufficient considering the size
of his new house.

Thanks for your help,

Mig