Old 21-05-2006, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default VERY welcome news

Sue wrote:
"Sacha" wrote
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/thi...icle549515.ece

Hooray for that news, and well done Sacha et al. So somebody was
listening after all! It'll be interesting to see how they've tackled
changes to this year's coverage.

I see the Independent's reporters are among those who don't know the
difference between a Usenet newsgroup and an online message board, but
I'm glad the "gurning tv presenters" quote got mentioned. That
definitely summed the frustration up in one memorable phrase!

To be fair to the writers of that piece, I don't think they'd used
newsgroups before! David Randall rang me on Thursday and told me that
the complaints had been taken seriously and were having an effect.
IIRC, he said that his brother had said something about complaints so
he (DR) decided to start researching the subject and a computer session
turned up urg. He's a keen gardener himself and is as frustrated as
most of us by the poor coverage of such shows as Chelsea in the past.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk