Old 22-05-2006, 12:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
cloud dreamer

Default Snails galore - Experiment results

tigre wrote:

To Bad, So sad

Huh?????

..

On Sat, 20 May 2006 09:43:55 -0230, cloud dreamer
wrote:

tenacity wrote:

I love this group for it's creativity. Cracks me UP. Hey, brilliant
about the emery board! great idea! Mulch has worked beautifully for me
- though I don't know why. Snail like cool moist dark places, so I
don't know why mulch would stop them, but hey, whatever works.

I love the experiment - that's great. Good job using a control group!

Anything that has "splinters" in them will deter slugs and snails. They
can't go through the mulch cause the rough texture will tear up their
soft bellies.

..