Old 22-05-2006, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default coffee compost

Bertie Doe wrote:
My gut feeling is that 60 litres/per week is too high a concentration, for a
compost heap of that size.

(snip)

I thought that! We worked next to a Starbuck last year in Sheffield and
they gave me perhaps a ton of coffee - no kidding (I had a bus to
transport it back to Manc). A friend told me that it would bring my
compost to too high acid levels and ruin it - and I only have one rhodo
in a pot after all.

I only used perhaps 5 plastic bags full in my compost and same for the
compost on my lotty and gave the rest away - took me month to get rid
of it!