Old 22-05-2006, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
androo

Default Slugs and snails (but not puppy dogs' tails)

"Dimple" wrote in message
Hi, has anyone noticed that there seem to be fewer slugs and snails this
year despite the wet weather (well in the SW anyway).
Could it be because we actually had a proper cold spell for a change?

Fewer? Here in West Yorks there seems to be an explosion of the things,
especially snails. In my garden they're hanging from all the shrubs,
swarming over my lawn, clogging up the paths. I could do with a wheelbarrow
to collect them. Plenty of black slugs too, and the revolting pale green
ones!

Androo