Old 22-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Stikeebun Stikeebun is offline
Registered User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Thank you all for your help. I can see myself getting addicted to
this. Right now my plant has 15 gorgeous flowers on it. What a
pleasure.

Thanks again. I'm sure I'll be back for more help.

Jane
You have a lovely Phaleonopsis there... mine is the same colour and produces a flower stalk every year, last count being 13 blooms at one time. I have mine in front of a south facing window, the light being filtered through net curtains. I usually leave the blooms to die off naturally then snip the flower stalk a little, maybe a couple of inches, to leave some of the nodules on. After this, if the conditions are right, it might produce another stalk from one of these nodules and flower again for you. Also, it isn't unusual to have more than one stalk at the same time! I was amazed when I found mine to be in flower from July - February one year! Be careful not to let it dry out too much, as the flowers will wither and start to drop. Good luck!