Old 22-05-2006, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
James Fidell

Default Nibbled Radishes

K wrote:
Elizabeth writes
What could have destroyed the leaf part of my radishes? I sowed the
seed and they appeared to be doing well. we then went off on two weeks
holiday and I came back to fine all the leaves had been chomped! No
sign of slugs and i can't see any caterpillars. These are planted in a
raised large wooden trough.

It's probably slugs. They're active at night, so you won't see any sign
of them in the daytime.

I'd have thought so. They've gone through a few of mine, too, but left
the lettuces in the next row untouched. Perhaps they're saving them for
later...

james