Old 22-05-2006, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT computer/newsgroup question

Sacha wrote:

I have Safari on my Mac but am told by News Individual that I can't use
it to read newsgroups. Does anyone else have the same problem and if
so, how did they overcome it?

I don't understand why not. What reason did they give? Is it
something to do with logging in, or posting? Or Proxies?

The quickest solution would be to download thunderbird and use that,
but I am not too happy with thunderbird for usenet. Fantastic mail
programme, a bit pants for news. Mainly in the area of killfiling and
filtering. There are reports that it goes really slowly on OSX tiger
But trying it out would cost nothing but time.

Heard good things about Multithreaded Newswatcher (MT-NW) and Hogwasher
and Unison, which might involve cash changing hands.

http://www.smfr.org/mtnw/
http://www.asar.com/
http://panic.com/unison/