Old 22-05-2006, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

Default OT computer/newsgroup question

On Mon, 22 May 2006 17:57:15 +0100, Sacha wrote
(in article .com):

I have Safari on my Mac but am told by News Individual that I can't use
it to read newsgroups. Does anyone else have the same problem and if
so, how did they overcome it?

AFAIK, Safari is only a web browser. You need a separate newsreader. I use
Hogwasher, available from http://www.asar.com/. Not free, but free trial
for 60 days (nice long trial), and then current price is 49 USD, which is
about 26GBP. I did try MT-Newswatcher http://www.smfr.org/mtnw/ but
personally didn't like it. YMMV. You can also download MT-Newsreader from
Version Tracker: http://www.versiontracker.com/ and if you search on usenet
newsreaders there (or Google Mac newsreaders), you'll find other choices.
Have fun experimenting!

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk