Old 22-05-2006, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rhiannon Macfie Miller

Default OT computer/newsgroup question

In article
. com,
wrote:

Heard good things about Multithreaded Newswatcher (MT-NW) and Hogwasher
and Unison, which might involve cash changing hands.

http://www.smfr.org/mtnw/
http://www.asar.com/
http://panic.com/unison/

Just downloaded MT-Newswatcher (was using Thunderbird). The
killfile system is good, and I like the way it manages
quoting in replies. But I can't stand the way every post
you open appears in a new window. I like to space through
from one post to the next with my keyboard; MT-NW's setup
means I have to do lots of mousing and double-clicking, then
looking around the screen to see where it's put the window
this time. So, it's good, but not good enough.

Rhiannon