Old 22-05-2006, 10:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
cloud dreamer

Default Snails galore - Experiment results

The Guy wrote:

In article ,
cloud dreamer wrote:

tenacity wrote:

I love this group for it's creativity. Cracks me UP. Hey, brilliant
about the emery board! great idea! Mulch has worked beautifully for me
- though I don't know why. Snail like cool moist dark places, so I
don't know why mulch would stop them, but hey, whatever works.

Emery board?..does that work?..are we talking like sandpaper stuff? I
missed the post on it.

I haven't seen another post on it. I'm not sure it would work. You need
something with "splinters" in it. I visualize emery board as just a lot
of "lumps."

The splinters in mulch and rough lumber is what tears them up, not
simply the rough texture. I also think the cost of emery boards (even
sandpaper) for repelling slugs would be prohibitive given the cheaper
alternatives.

..