Old 15-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default OT - Biodemocracy -

In article ,
says...
On 13 Feb 2003 13:45:53 -0800,
(Lee Hall) wrote:

Polar wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:52:30 -0800, Larry Blanchard
wrote:

Seems NAFTA isn't good for anyone except a few big producers - whether
it's us selling in Mexico or Canada selling here. Not to mention the
U.S. jobs that have migrated to Mexico.

You got that right! I couldn't believe it when Congress fell in line
during the NAFTA debates. Seemed crystal clear to me that it was a
major Big Biz scam...

You couldn't believe Congress fell for a Big Biz scam? Who do you
think they work for? Us?

Confession: I did, in my naive youth. Now, alas...

(it still hurts!)

Yeah. It takes us all a while to realize our gevernment isn't a lot
better than any other. They just let us blow off steam in free speech
and free press because it's a good safety valve. Seldom does it change
their actions as witness the current push to war despite a majority
saying "not without UN approval".

And as far as the freedom itself goes, it's a lot less than it used to be
- I'm an old fart so I remember :-).

--
It's turtles - all the way down!