Old 22-05-2006, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe

Default Tomato Plants ?

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Bertie Doe wrote:
This year, I'm using 1x1 inch stakes for our dahlias, which has freed up
lot of 8 foot bamboos, but still no sign of sprouting yet - we need a
couple
of days of sun!!

How trully weird!! I was talking about my dahlias at lunch time with my
friend. I bought some with her last year, the Roxy dark ones, and
nothing, absolutely nothing is happening. As it's the first time I do
them, I wasn't sure if I had done something wrong. I got a bit confused
with the storing of the tubers, you see roll eyes Glad you mentioned
it. We all need sunshine indeed!!

We're 500 feet up and East facing. Although Bishop of L poked thru' today, I
know I've lost 10 out of 30 plants this Winter. This was the first year I
didn't lift and store.
Fortunately, I got 12 plugs in mid-April and these are doing fine in the
green house.
One, a med semi cactus is in flower, called Paint-Box, it's stunning - the
others have one or two buds. The garden survivers are only up a couple of
inches - watching for slugs etc.
Bertie