Old 23-05-2006, 07:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
Emery Davis

Default Bloodgood Maple

On Tue, 23 May 2006 01:51:01 GMT
Layne wrote:

[]
Also I'd like to address Emery's advice to look for a graft scar to
determine if you may have a true to name Bloodgood. A tree having a
graft doesn't always mean it's true to name and a clonal offspring. I
have seen MANY so called Bloodgoods that were grafted yet were not
true Bloodgoods. It is a sad fact that the Bloodgood line is seriously
diluted.

Hi Layne,

Yes this is certainly true. I have a feeling we'd agree that Bloodgood
is particularly notorious in this respect. I was referring to the peculiar
practice of selling seedlings as genuine cultivars, which as I understand
it is widespread in the US. Of course leading to further dilution of both
names and plants.

Thanks for the watering advice, BTW. My plants are in a different climate,
but I'm glad to know better how to deal with the very hot.

regards,

-E
--
Emery Davis