Old 16-03-2003, 09:20 PM
Graham

Default Electric chain saws

Get someone to fell them for you, they'll also dispose of the trunk, brash
and can grind out the stump.

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 17:09:05 -0000, Norman Sandland wrote:

Has anyone had any experience of electric chain saws? I have a couple

of 30
foot columnar/ pyramid conifers which consist of multiple trunks up to

about
6 inches diameter. I can remove the foliage with loppers but will an
electric chain saw be man enough for the multiple trunks. I do not want

spend a fortune for a more powerful petrol chainsaw since |I do not have

any
large trees to control.

Can you rent a petrol chainsaw for a day or two? That might be a
better idea (and cheaper) than buying a tool that you may only
use this once.

If you buy an electric, make sure you also acquire the items
necessary to keep it very well sharpened. Good chainsaw use
starts with a sharp chain. There's a certain knack to sharpening
them, too, so see if you an find someone to show you how.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada